Today I had the most boring task ever : a document library with hundreds of PDF and hundreds of folders/sub-folders was missing some files,
the original files were in a CD-Rom and the problem was the lenght of the file that was too long (from htp://sharepointserver…./sites/doclib/folder/sub-folder/sub-folder/sub-folder…./verylongfilenameof40characters.pdf)
Lucky enough I found this little utility (free for a few days) that helped me GREATLY !
I managed to make all the filename in a Dos format with a few clicks, rename the ~ characters and ‘ to -, and finally copy back to Sharepoint which didn’t complain.
I recommend it!